The beetroot, also known in North America as the table beet, garden beet, red or golden beet, or informally simply as the beet, refers to any of the cultivated varieties of beet grown for their edible taproots. They are among the most commonly encountered varieties in North America, Central America, and Europe.
Beetroot Red, which we used on many products such as Everyday Series 038 Red Siren, is a purely natural pigment. usually obtained from the extract of beetroot, easily dissolved in water and water-alcohol solutions. The most common uses of beetroot red are in some sugar confectionery, coloring ice cream and powdered soft drink beverages. In hot processed candies, it can be used if added at the final part of the processing.
HEALTHY KNOWLEDGE of Beetroot
1. Beetroots have ZERO Tran’s fat and ZERO saturated fat. They are also low calorie.
2. Beetroots are high in carbohydrates which means they are a great instant energy source, but unlike processed foods which are high in carbohydrates, beetroots will energize your body, and can be regarded as body fuel.
3. Beetroots contain sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron and phosperous. They are also considered a fiber food and contain vitamins A and C as well as niacin.
4. Beetroots contain folic acid which is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells. This is especially important for pregnant woman or anyone undergoing physical healing. It is always better for the body to receive its nutrients and vitamins through food over a supplement because it is like maintaining the natural source into your bloodstream. The benefits are far superior and faster with real food over powder mixes or pills.
6. Studies have shown that beets guard against cancer, especially colon cancer.
7. Medical studies have also shown that including beets in your diet helps protect a body against heart disease.
8. Beetroots being naturally colorful and bright red make an excellent and healthful garnish for artistic presentation of a meal. They also can be made into a number of cold salads for a change of pace meal. Beetroot red is the pigment that gives beets their red color, this pigment is what is responsible for helping to fight cancer.
9. Beetroots have been shown to help cleanse the blood, cleanse the colon and strengthen the gall, bladder and liver.
10. There is something called Beet Therapy. Doctors have used it to get rid of tumors and to help people with blood diseases and leukemia.
11. Some people have used beats to treat and cure boils, abscesses and even acne.
Chlorophyll, usually found in cyanobacteria and the chloroplasts of algae and plants, is an extremely important biomolecule, critical in photosynthesis, which allows plants to absorb energy from light. Chlorophyll absorbs light most strongly in the blue portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, followed by the red portion.
Chlorophyll is used in the food industry as a natural colorant, and in Europe is given the E-number E140. A number of common food products are colored green by this compound, and it also give the green color to the sugar, alcoholic drink, and absinthe. The pigment is often sold in a variety of liquid forms as a health supplement. Such as Our Twinkle Delights Series 109 Green Natural Sprinkles which is with the chlorophyll colorant.
HEALTHY KNOWLEDGE of Chlorophyll
1. Chlorophyll is the best aid in gastrointestinal problems.
Refined, low fiber and animal fats contribute to major diseases start in the colon. Gastrointestinal problems can be best treated by improving the digestion and assimilation. Among those natural nutrients that heal the intestinal track, green vegetables high in chlorophyll content aid in loosening and cleansing the colon.
2. Chlorophyll Promote formation of hemoglobin and red blood cells.
Hemoglobin is the iron-containing substance that provides red blood cells their red pigment and transports oxygen to the body tissues. In fact, we may not realize that our blood is composed of 75% of hemoglobin. If the central atom of blood is iron, how chlorophyll helps in the formation of red blood cells? As we digested green food, the magnesium helps in rebuilding and replenishing the red blood cells which is responsible for boosting our energy.
3. Chlorophyll treats bad breath.
Bad breath is caused by oral bacteria that reside in a person’s mouth and it excretes odiferous waste products. The sulfur compounds of waste products usually lie at the root of breath odor problems. With the double action of chlorophyll, it acts as deodorizer that eliminates bad odor and reduces the stringent smell of urine, infected wounds and feces.
4. Prevent carcinogen substances.
Researchers found that the damaged genes caused by carcinogen substances can be prevented by chlorophyll in, a derivative of chlorophyll wherein the magnesium is removed and replaced with copper. It reduces the binding of carcinogen from foods like cooked meat products that damage the DNA and other organs of the body particularly the liver.
5. Beneficial in assimilating calcium and other heavy minerals.
Chlorophyll is very easy to absorb and assimilate. It is so amazing how it gets into the bloodstream so fast with the least amount of digestion that saves more vital energy. Not only that, cataract cases which is same as an arthritic formation, the hard calcium has come out of solution and becomes milky so that patients cannot see clearly with their cataract condition. Again, chlorophyll can assimilate calcium and balance other trace minerals to rebuild, replace, and exchange with the new tissue.
6. Chlorophyll fights infections.
It is the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds contain Vitamin A, C and E that are responsible to reduce inflammation. In connection to this, the healing aspects of chlorophyll were reported in 1940 by Dr. Benjamin Gruskin. With this vitro experiments, it showed that chlorophyll possess bacteriostic property that kill harmful bacteria. Moreover, the antiseptic properties of chlorophyll have the ability to kill germs by strengthening the tissues.
Beta-carotene is a strongly-colored red-orange pigment found in plants and fruits, especially carrots and colorful vegetables. The name beta-carotene comes from the Greek beta and Latin carota (carrot). Beta-carotene's chemical formula - C40H56 - was discovered in 1907. The human body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A. Beta-carotene is a precursor of vitamin A. We need vitamin A for healthy skin and mucus membranes, our immune system, and good eye health and vision. This ingredients can be found In Premium Series 036 Glitter Princess.
HEALTHY KNOWLEDGE of Beta-carotene
Beta-carotene, like all carotenoids, is an antioxidant. An antioxidant is a substance that inhibits the oxidation of other molecules; it protects the body from free radicals. Free radicals damage cells through oxidation. Eventually, the damage caused by free radicals can cause several chronic illnesses.
Several studies have shown that antioxidants through diet help people's immune systems, protect against free radicals, and lower the risk of developing cancer and heart disease. Some studies have suggested that those who consume at least four daily servings of beta-carotene rich fruits and/or vegetables have a lower risk of developing cancer or heart disease.
Beside, non-smokers with high beta-carotene intake had a lower risk of lung cancer. And the man who has been taking beta-carotene supplements are considerably less likely to experience cognitive decline than other males.
Blueberries, in particular, have gotten much attention because of their positive impact on health. The secret weapon in blueberries is the very high Anthocyanins they contain. The term anthocyanins refer to a type of flavonoid and pigment that imbues the blueberry with a dark and purplish color. It can be found in our Witchery Sparkles Series.
HEALTHY KNOWLEDGE of Anthocyanins
Antioxidants are considered to be great combatants against free radical activity within the body. One study found anthocyanins to be the strongest antioxidant of 150 different flavonoids. Laboratory tests have also indicated that anthocyanins may inhibit the growth of tumors and breast cancer cells.
Anthocyanins increase blood sugar metabolism and studies show that they may have a positive effect on abnormal collagen production, a side effect of diabetes that contributes to poor blood sugar control. One study also suggested that Anthocyanins may be effective in preventing retinopathy, a diabetic condition that can lead to blindness. The anthocyanins not only prevent an overproduction of proteins but were also shown to repair leaking, damaged capillaries.
Anthocyanins may help night vision and improve overall visual acuity. One study showed that taking blueberry and black currant anthocyanins supplements temporarily increased the vision of 36 patients.
Anthocyanins may decrease cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, increase blood flow, enhance capillary strength and fight oxidative stress, all of which benefit cardiovascular health and help prevent heart disease.
Anthocyanins may be useful in treating ulcers because they protect the stomach by increasing stomach mucus and gastric juice secretion. This may be why blueberries have been used in traditional medicine to treat ulcers.
Turmeric has a peppery, warm and bitter flavor and a mild fragrance slightly reminiscent of orange and ginger. It comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant and has a tough brown skin and a deep orange flesh. Turmeric was traditionally called "Indian saffron" because of its deep yellow-orange color and has been used throughout history as a condiment and healing remedy. The pigment Curcumin is isolated from the rhizomes of turmeric, which we use to color our products Everyday Series 042 Yellow Spirit.
HEALTHY KNOWLEDGE of Turmeric
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
4. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloid plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory product without the side effects of man made substances..
10. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.