Our products are fit for Halal users.
In order to let our Muslim customers enjoy our cake decorations, we decided to meet Halal requirements. Our products only contain ingredients suitable for Muslim consumers. We obtained the Halal certification from the Halal Food Council International for Malaysia and Asia region.
Halal simply means permitted or lawful. So when we are talking about halal foods it means any foods that are allowed to be eaten according to Islamic Sharia law.
This means that for any food to be considered halal it must comply with the religious ritual and observance of Sharia law.
Halal foods are foods that are allowed under Islamic dietary guidelines. According to these guidelines gathered from the Qu'ran, Muslim followers cannot consume the following:
pork or pork by products
animals that were dead prior to slaughtering
animals not slaughtered properly or not slaughtered in the name of Allah
blood and blood by products
birds of prey
land animals without external ears
For an animal to go from farm to table as halal food, it must have lived a pure life from the very beginning, finishing a cycle of life that is permissible in accordance with Islamic standards. It must have eaten well, been treated well, and been sacrificed well. It may sound good in theory, but what does this all mean?
The kind of treatment and feed an animal receives during its life is important. It should be not be abused, mistreated or caused any pain. It should not be confined to an area where it cannot move or walk normally or get fresh air. It should be fed clean water and food that is appropriate and absolutely never fed another animal or products that contain the by-products of other animals. Read more
Halal diet can be beneficial by helping to reduce a person's cholesterol, saturated fat, and alcohol intake. Halal involves the restriction of a range of foods, including pork, from one's diet as well abstinence from alcohol. When a person follows this diet in addition to eating other healthy foods, he may have less risk of certain health problems. Read more
Our products are also fit for Kosher users.
Because we know that our Jewish customers can only consume kosher food, we take care that our products are kosher, made by kosher ingredients and a food processing purely respecting Jewish dietary laws.
Kosher (Kashrut) is the body of Jewish law dealing with what foods we can and cannot eat and how those foods must be prepared and eaten. "Kashrut" comes from the Hebrew root Kaf-Shin-Reish, meaning fit, proper or correct. It is the same root as the more commonly known word "kosher," which describes food that meets these standards. The word "kosher" can also be used, and often is used, to describe ritual objects that are made in accordance with Jewish law and are fit for ritual use.
Kosher general rules
1. Certain animals may not be eaten at all. This restriction includes the flesh, organs, eggs and milk of the forbidden animals.
2. Of the animals that may be eaten, the birds and mammals must be killed in accordance with Jewish law.
3. All blood must be drained from meat and poultry or broiled out of it before it is eaten.
4. Certain parts of permitted animals may not be eaten.
5. Fruits and vegetables are permitted, but must be inspected for bugs (which cannot be eaten)
6. Meat (the flesh of birds and mammals) cannot be eaten with dairy. Fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables and grains can be eaten with either meat or dairy. (According to some views, fish may not be eaten with meat).
7. Utensils (including pots and pans and other cooking surfaces) that have come into contact with meat may not be used with dairy, and vice versa. Utensils that have come into contact with non-kosher food may not be used with kosher food. This applies only where the contact occurred while the food was hot.
8. Grape products made by non-Jews may not be eaten.
9. There are a few other rules that are not universal.
Our products are suitable for vegan.
Quality Sprinkles is aware that vegan diet is a healthy way of life which has been adopted by a large part of the population worldwide. In order to let vegan enjoy our products without scruple, we determined all our cake decorations ingredients are fit to vegan.
Before 2011, shellac and carmine were used in our products, but vegans don’t accept shellac and carmine. Although shellac is the best material for polishing to make products shiny, we had no choice but to take out these two materials and source other alternatives.
Vegans are people who don’t eat meat or seafood and may not eat eggs or dairy foods. Vegans follow a form of vegetarianism, but consume only plant foods. There is research that demonstrates Well-planned vegan diets have many health benefits and can provide the essential vitamins and minerals necessary for a long and healthy life.
It also has studies by independent, highly respected international health advisory boards that a vegan diet is significantly healthier than one which includes meat and animal products. This is true for all ages, from infant through to late adulthood, and includes pregnant and lactating women.